- To establish safeguards for life, limb, health, and property.
- To define practices that are consistent with safety.
- To prescribe safety standards.
The standard applies to all refrigerating systems and heat pumps used in institutional, public assembly, residential, commercial, industrial, and mixed-use occupancies, and to parts and components added after adoption of this code.
Refrigerant classification is shown in the following table:
Requirements for refrigerant use:
- Requirements for refrigerant use are based on the probability that the refrigerant will enter occupied space and one type of occupancy (institutional, public assembly, residential, commercial, industrial, and mixed-use).
- The total amount of refrigerant permitted to be installed in a system is determined by the type of occupancy, the refrigerant group, and the probability that refrigerant will enter the occupied space.
- Refrigerant systems, piping, and associated appurtenances shall not be installed in or on stairways, stair landings, entrances, or exits.
- Refrigeration system components shall not interfere with free passage through public hallways, and limitations regarding size are based on refrigerant type.
- All serviceable components of refrigerating systems shall be safely accessible.
- Properly located stop valves, liquid transfer valves, refrigerant storage tanks, and adequate venting are required when needed for safe servicing of equipment.
How EG Appliance Repair Inc Professionals In Los Angeles Can Help You Today!
Los Angeles refrigerator repair supports various neighborhoods in the Los Angeles with proper and reliable service. As soon as all repair work is complete, residents return to their daily errands and routine and continue their lives without inconveniences caused by faulty appliances. The company provides repair service for various appliance brands, models and types, including Viking, Jenn Air, KitchenAid, Maytag, Whirlpool and many others. Don’t hesitate inquire about your appliance model type and brand to see yourself what can be done to improve the situation.